I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Monday 5 November 2007

Finishing the engine






















The cam cover highlights were painted flat aluminium and the spark plug holes flat red. The flat red from Tamiya is a real pain: it is as clear as their flat black and strips itself when it dries a bit too much on the brush. Many coats have been necessary to get a dark finish, not really astounding even by my poor standards!






The various accessories were painted in different shades of metalic paints: chrome aluminium, flat aluminium, silver titanium, and Citadel's chainmail and boltgun metal. The golden bits are from Citadel too, but I should have made a mix of gold and mithril silver to cut the brightness of the paint a bit.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Xavier.

I found the link to here on the forum.

Looking forward to the next update.