I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Tuesday 11 September 2007

Begining the engine

As work on the body is to take some time, mainly waiting time for the putty to harden, I decided to have a go at the engine. I have sprayed some primer on all the parts still attached to benefit from their being easily accessible to the paint. Of course, there will be some job to cut out flash and mold lines when parts are separated and prepared to be cemented together.

I followed religiously the instruction manual. I first glued the upper part of the block to the gearbox side end, and assembled the lower side of the block (side walls and pan). This sub-assembly was flexible enough when I glued it to the strap and pulley end. My aim was to align the wavy patterns and I will deal with the protruding edges at a later stage.




I then assembled the lower and upper sections in two steps. First I cemented the upper part to the strap end, and once this hard enough I glued the lower part to the gear box end. That gave the free play between part required to make a good alignment in preparation for the cam covers. What is left is a good deal of work on the parting lines to make them disappear.













No comments: