I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Thursday 30 July 2009

Rear suspension part 1

Here are the assembled elements of the rear suspension. I do not really like how the kit was designed there: the lower triangle is placed between two cemented parts and I can imagine some stresses going through this assembly, even because of the weight of the car itself... Worse: if things go totally south, repairs will not be an easy task. Time will tell!
The wheel hubs are painted semi-gloss black, and the screw heads Boltgun Metal. The lower part of the damper is painted Boltgun Metal and dry-brushed with Tin Bitz. That gives a weathered look to the part. In fact it gives a rusty look, but that can make for a nice contrast with the rest of the car (even though I tried to weather the engine and transmission too).
The main challenge is to watch for the correct orientation of the various parts. It would be really dull to find myself with inverted arms or whatever...

No comments: