I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Tuesday 28 July 2009

Front sub-frame part 4

I painted the master cylinders in Boltgun Metal and left their covers as from the tree, in the original chromed finish. The only thing to check is to have them in the right position and parallel to one another, especially since they will be clearly visible behind the oil tank.










I then glued the oil tank in position. I put my temperature sensor mock-up into place to get the right feeling about it. I tried to make some plug at the base of the tank to make the connection look more realistic but with no success. The attempt was made made with Milliput but I was not able to make it stick to the surface of the tank.
I made it with a copper wire found in a electronic connector. I will have to shape a groove on the top of the bulkhead in order not to get in the way of the nose cone.

See also Front sub-frame part 3, Front sub-frame part 2 and Front sub-frame part 1.

No comments: