I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Monday 18 May 2009

Front sub-frame part 2

After some cosmetic adjustments on the front bulkhead, it was time to start assembling the front sub-frame. The "C" tree of parts is chromed and always a disaster (whatever the model I made, I have always been disappointed by the chromed plastic parts). The moulding is way below par for a Tamiya product: either there is a lot of flash that cannot be erased (or a matt line would appear in the middle of the part), or the moulding marks are in plain sight... Beside of that, some un-chromed parts must be added at some places to make for new attachment points. I painted those in chrome silver, but it is definitely not the same finish as the main pieces. Anyway, it is better than nothing...
I must remember that chromed plastic is quite vulnerable to acids carried on the fingers (fingerprints become final prints after a few years time), so most of the time I manipulate them with a handkerchief.
See also Front sub-frame part 1

No comments: