I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Front sub-frame part 3

It is really not a bad thing to check how parts fit together before making the assembly permanent! There were quite a few modifications to make. The pins of the rocker arms were way too thick, especially those which are to fit into the bulkhead. In that case, it is almost impossible to widen the holes because there is too little material left to hold everything together. Same thing with the pins of the lower arms, but then using a file on the bulkhead is no problem. Fortunately there is no trouble at all with the front plate.
I found something terribly wrong with the instructions. I may use it the wrong way in fact, but I am no fan at all of cementing the front plate of the sub-frame before prying it open to create enough space to slide the lower arm pins when putting the springs and dampers in position. I think I will try a safer method: I will complete the assembly and only then cement the front plate, hoping for everything not to fall apart...
See also Front sub-frame part 2 and Front sub-frame part 1

No comments: