I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Saturday 16 May 2009

Dashboard part 2

I put the decals in the dials. There was no problem at all during the process, and the decals tolerated the bath of Micro Set afterwards. I wanted them to get the exact shape of the part and to avoid disgraceful trapped air bubbles. I then coated them with clear Citadel varnish to give a glossy look and allow light to reflect as if they were dials under glass.
Some would put some colour onto the switches but I found early pictures where there is none. By the way, the dashboard layout looks like it is the early version, so no warning light and no extra switches.
My only complaint would be that the decals do not reflect reality at all (where is the amp meter?????)... Replacements would have been great as long as they are conform to what period dials looked like.
See also Dashboard part 1

No comments: