I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Closing on unmasking the car!

I ran out of BRG paint and had to interrupt the first wet coat on the nose cone. After a week long delay, I could get back to soaking some plastic. I re-synchronised the wet coats of the nose and the body. So far everything looks good. I need to make some regular touching up for inclusions in the paint, but I encountered no nasty runnings and the masks do not seem to shift. It looks like I get some orange peel effect but I may just be spraying a bit too fast. I will have to check once the paint has dried.
I still have a final coat to spray before I can remove the masks and questions fill my mind. Did some paint make its way in crevisses under the tapes? How will the difference between the thicknesses of the layers look? Will it be easy to smooth the edges of the paint at the mask marks? Could I sand them a bit too much?
If everything goes well I should be able to answer them tomorrow...

No comments: