I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Tuesday 12 May 2009

Disappointment

It looks like everything went too well so far. Karma hits back with some strength these days... I sprayed the first coats of clear on the body parts and something occured. The "Team Lotus" side markings are covered with blisters! I do not understand how it happened: those decals are from the same sheet as the nose decal, and the latter showed no defect at all. The picture is not quite clear (look closely near the light reflection) but the blisters are definitely there, in a lighter yellow colour than the rest of the decal, and look like small bubbles. I am lost for explanations but maybe there is some truth in the following:
- I sprayed too thick a layer too soon and soaked the decal.
- the decal did not adhere to the part as well as it should have and suffered from the shrink of the clear coat.
- the decal was soaked, wrapped and did not have a chance to get his shape back before the coat dried.
Whatever the reason, I just hope it will not too visible once I finish spraying.

No comments: