I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Saturday 27 March 2010

Preparation and primer

Priming is now a classic operation, so here it goes on the various parts making the body of the car. Prior to that, some adjustment has to be made on the two halves of the cockpit. Careful cementing (alignment is important) goes with some repairs on the joint lines and some sanding to prevent huge gaps between cockpit and nose and cover. I am proud of what I did on the front suspension cover: it comes with two holes for the antenna, but one has to be removed. I, for once, did a great job cutting it off with a very sharp blade, as close to the surface as possible, and then sanding the part to level things. Then mist sprays and thin sprays will get me going.

No comments: