I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Thursday 9 April 2009

Radiator

Both parts were cemented together before painting. The whole radiator was painted Flat Aluminium: two brushed coats on the perimeter, in order to give an even surface and a good finish, and only one coat on each grid side. I just wanted to give the minimum metal effect to the grids before giving them a thorough black wash, which gives the part some depth. Then the grid bars were highlited with flat Al again. As the result was not very obvious, I did a second, darker wash.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

je t'ai deja dit que je trouve que (des fois seulement) t'es un grand fou!
En tout cas ca fait plais de voir des choses qui changent pas.
Juste un coucou rapide. ca fait trop lgt et un mot pour te souhaiter de bonnes fetes de fin d'annee. Je serai off a partir de demain soir.

A beintot pour un vrai mail. Moi ca va je bosse trop, et party trop masi c mieux comme ca, j'esp quer toi tout bainge entre le chval, la maison, la mazda, etc :)

Tony/Bart.