I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Wednesday 15 April 2009

Lotus 25 without masks


















I cannot deny I felt pretty stressed before I removed the masking tape from the Lotus 25. I already saw that it did not stay in place where there were crevisses in the moulding of the body and I expected something close to a mess. Looking at the pictures it is a mess indeed, however I feel confident I will be able to make up most of it without too much effort. White is over green, so sanding should be enough to repair. I just hope I will not have to do too much touching up.
Next time I will think twice before using common, house work bound masking tape on a model: it is never sticky enough and much too thick.

No comments: