I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Saturday 17 April 2010

Green areas

The Park Green spray paint is easier to use than the white paint. It covers the model much more and is more opaque. The masking tape was removed without any difficulty but revealed a few surprises. I did not mask the sidepods enough and some spray went onto areas whcih should stay white. I guess I will have to brush some touch up eventually. Same story at the border of the masking tape: there are a few runs of paint but nothing too disappointing. I sanded the edge of the front suspension cover: as layers of paint tend to accumulate, the fitting of the parts is a bit impaired. Anyway, that part will be cemented to the cockpit, so I do not need to care too much about the interior of it.

No comments: