I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Back from the dead!

I was so certain that I got rid of it! Well, I was wrong, as I have found it buried in its original Castrol Super Clean. This is the F360 body of which I made a mess while painting. Too many runs of paint. Browsing the web about a way to strip the paint, it looked like Castrol Super Clean was efficient and harmless towards the plastic. So I bought one litre of it and let the body bath into it for days, then weeks, and I saw no peeling whatsoever. I was pretty discouraged. Time flew by and the solvent in the cleaner evaporated, and I found it earlier today, with a thick crust of cleaner around its front half. It was maybe two years when I let it bathe, so I can confirm that the Castrol product will not harm the plastic! Paint was lifted in spots and easy to scrape. I took off most of it under running water with a toothbrush. On the picture, it had just had a spray of Easy Off Oven cleaner. After all, the internet says it can strip paint too, so I have to try it!
Now maybe I can hope to finish the F360 some day...

No comments: