I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Monday 27 August 2007

Some useful links about painting

That is where I sweat the most: painting a full body. Applying paint with a brush, even down to a tiny level of detail has never been a problem. I have made lots of figurines and that makes me able to get some good results. However, regarding cars, my first experience has been a nightmare. It was a Tamiya F360, yellow, with Tamiya paint in a can. Trying to get what was referred to as a "wet coat", I finally ended with lots of runs, and clogged details. And it was neither smooth nor glossy... I am currently trying again on a Lotus Europa body this time, with a proper primer and more hopes. Pictures should follow, if I can get something out of it. If not, then I am in trouble!

Here are some links that could prove useful:
Basics of spray painting, by Ray.
How to lay down a perfect paint job, by Alex. This one is about a F360 and was my reference at the time I tried to make mine. However, I never got as far as described!
Those links were picked from Brian's Model Cars, where many more tutorials are present and a forum seems very active.
The Modeler Site showcases many wonderful pieces of art, but archives are not free. However, they are not really expensive either, and I am considering buying their article about the Lotus 49.

No comments: