I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Boot lid of the Europa

This is the lid before the first wet coat. I have chosen to heavily mist it so as to even the paint more. I am not sure whether it is efficient or not, but from the look of it, the finish is convincing. The overall aspect is mate once again, but I think it is because it still needs a good build up of paint. Next step will be to put a wet coat of paint on it and see the result. I intend this part to be a test bed for the need of a good polishing before applying a clear coat over the paint. Half of it will be polished before, and then all of it will be polished after the clear coat is sprayed.

No comments: