I created this blog because I could not find the kind of tutorials I needed for some models and miniatures I wanted to build. I hope it will be a useful source of information for anyone who may experience the same lack of first-hand, step-by-step reports.
I am not an expert by any means, so feel free to comment my posts or to contact me to share your advice.

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Continuing the Europa

This is the second wet coat. The whole body looks smooth except on some place. I used the same method as for the first wet coat, with 4 covering of the length of the car. I think I could have done with 3 because I noted a clear tendency to have paint running on the sides of the body. However, there is nothing horrible this time.
The light reflection on the parting lines of the hood makes me think that there may be an excess of paint, I do not know.






The coat looks pretty even and should only need a good polishing operation. Here again, I think there may be an excess of paint at the door lines, so perhaps a light sanding is in order.



The reflections of the light seem satisfying but the picture shows that the left front wing has a mate finish, compared to the right one. It is as if I had made a mist coat during the wet coat. It is perhaps a problem of distance between the can and the model. I may have lifted it too early or stopped spraying before having sufficiently cleared the body. I think I should leave it as such and try to see what a polish compound and light sanding can do.







This is how it looks from a little afar. The front left wing is clearly mate compared to the hood.







This is what the boot lid looks like after its first wet coat. The finish is dull, but I think I can expect it to be smoother after the second coat. However, I am surprised to see some fish eyes. I have not touched the part at all during the night and I wonder how its surface was contaminated. I think this means a thorough sanding to the primer if necessary.

No comments: